Random pictures, part 53: the Jeju-do edition
Typically, the random pictures are from all over the country – this time, however, I took 1,700+ pictures during two recent trips to Jeju-do. In case you missed it, the posts are here. More than a few didn’t fit into other posts (just in case you missed them – part 1, part 2, and part 3), so here you go!
A little bit of rain made this a dull scene, but a little bit of saturation brought it back to life.
A super water slide not far from the hotel – it’s not clear from the photo, but the staircase to the right had a gate in front of it. That didn’t stop at least one guy from giving it a try during a big rain storm.
Speaking of huge rainstorms… The wind whipped the rain around quite a bit, creating some interesting trails.
One of the longest bolts I’ve ever seen – and one of the best shots of lightning I’ve ever captured without a tripod!
Black and yellow spider, anyone? Seen while walking through the Cheonjeyeon waterfall area.
Somehow this unfortunate animal doesn’t look happy about being someone’s dinner in the near future.
A little abstract, but right next to Hamdeok Beach and the hotel where we stayed.
The ladder was off-limits to passengers, but it was still an interesting look up.
Nothing quite says ‘welcome’ like a half-naked mermaid. Seen on Udo.
A solitary, probably uninhabited island, passed by on the ferry from Jeju back to the mainland.
The plane ride – an interesting contrast of colors.
During a look at Udo.
More pictures – and posts – to come.
- Destination: Yonggungsa – the seaside temple (Busan)
- Review: Joseon Dynasty “erotic” art exhibit (SFW)
- On a new year and moving on
- Random pictures, part 68
- Book Review: Korea: The Impossible Country (Daniel Tudor)
- Destination: BK Plastic Surgery Museum (Seoul)
- Korea: Random pictures, part 65
- PSA: watch out for religious organizations posing as volunteer organizations
- Why is Samsung poking fun at foreigners speaking Korean?
- Life in Korea: group tours and getting with other travelers